No one knows the exact secret ingredient of the creamy guacamole prepared at Qdoba Mexican Grill. This recipe mimics the delicious flavor of this favorite restaurant side dish and uses the same ingredients found in their top secret guacamole recipe. This simple and unique homemade guacamole combines the fresh taste of avocado and red onion with traditional Mexican flavors from cilantro and jalapeno peppers. Go ahead and try this copy cat recipe for a flavor sure to match the guacamole at Qdoba Mexican Grill. With this easy recipe, you can make guacamole in less than 20 minutes and with only five easy to find food ingredients.
Qdoba Mexican Grill Guacamole Ingredients:
- 4 Ripe avocados
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- ¼ Red onion, approximately ½ cup chopped
- 1 Lime juiced, approximately 1 tbsp.
- ¼ Tsp. Coarse salt
On a chopping board, slice avocado in half and remove the seed. With a large spoon, scoop out the center of the avocado and place in a glass or plastic bowl. Mash the avocados with a fork or potato masher until desired consistency is reached.
Place the jalapeno pepper on the chopping board and remove stem, core, and seeds. Finely chop jalapeno and add to blended avocado.
Peel red onion and place on chopping board. Chop red onion into small pieces and add to mixture. Blend together.
Wash and pat dry the fresh cilantro. Place on the chopping board and finely chop cilantro leaves. Add to avocado, jalapeno, and red onion.
Cut lime in half and squeeze juice over guacamole. Lime juice should equal approximately one tablespoon. Add coarse salt and stir all ingredients until well blended.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for one to two hours for flavors to blend into a delicious guacamole dip.
Serve with warm tortilla chips or as a compliment to your favorite Mexican dish.
Qdoba Mexican Grill Guacamole Dip Tips and Tricks
Fresh ingredients are the key to a delicious guacamole dip. Choose avocadoes that give slightly when pressed with the thumb this signals peek ripeness. Avoid avocados that are rock hard or are mushy to the touch (check out the full how to choose avocados guide). Cilantro should not appear wilted, and jalapeno pepper should appear deep green with no bruising.
A flavorful addition to guacamole is seeded and chopped Roma tomatoes.
Use caution when working with jalapeno peppers. Wash your hands immediately or wear gloves to avoid eye irritation caused by accidentally rubbing your eyes.
Make your guacamole on the same day you plan to serve it. Prolonged refrigeration will cause the dip to become discolored.
Please, rate this recipe...
Leave a comment
Super Bowl Guacamole Recipe
Search Recipes By Ingredients
Things You Need To Make Guacamole
Last Guacamole Recipes
- Simple And Quick Guacamole Recipe With Pictures
- Grilled Guacamole Recipe
- What Is Molcajete? – Guacamole Tips
- Using A Blender? – Guacamole Tips
- Qdoba Mexican Grill Guacamole Dip
- Rosa Mexicano Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Salsa For A Spicy Kick
- How To Make Guacamole
- Guacamole Recipe with Cilantro
- Jamie Oliver Guacamole Recipe
- The Best Homemade Guacamole Recipe
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe
- How To Choose Avocados For Guacamole?
- Avocado guacamole recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Sour Cream
- Authentic Mexican Guacamole Recipe
- The Absolute Best Guacamole Recipe In The World
- Guacamole Dip Recipe
- El Torito Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Mayonnaise
- Vegan Guacamole Recipe
- Traditional or Classic Guacamole Recipe
- Dos Caminos Guacamole Recipe
- Simple And Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Green Pea Guacamole Recipe
- Delicious Low Calorie and Low Fat Mango Guacamole Recipe
- Chips and Guacamole Recipe
- Spicy Guacamole Recipe
- Blue Cheese Guacamole Recipe
- Spanish-style Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe with Cream Cheese
- Guacamole Dip With Cumin
- Delicious Garlic Guacamole Recipe
- Quick Guacamole Recipe
- Chunky Guacamole Recipe
- What Is Guacamole?
- The Origin Of The Word Guacamole