Rosa Mexicano’s famous guacamole dip is ordered by ninety percent of guests. In other words, if you took all the avocados used by Rosa Mexicano and lay them side by side, the length would reach over 22,000 miles! The reason is obvious to seasoned customers of this renowned chain, the ingredients are fresh and it is prepared by the pioneer (the first!) restaurant of table side preparation in the traditional molcajete, an easy-to-find stone bowl that is used to prepare the main ingredient, chile paste. Rosa Mexicano’s method to make guacamole is what sets this delicious recipe aside from others. Popularized by Tex-Mex cuisine, guacamole has made a splash at Cinco de Mayo parties, summer barbecues and countless other events that serve food to guests. The best part of this guacamole recipe is the ingredients are healthy, so it fits on every table for every taste. Served with chips, this is a great appetizer, but it also works well with fajitas, quesadillas and other mexican favorites. New to cooking? No problem! This easy recipe is the perfect dish to get you started and you will be the star of your next dining event. Let’s get started!
Rosa Mexicano’s Guacamole en Molcajete
- 1 clean towel
- sharp knife
- molcajete or fork/wooden bowl
Chile Paste Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro, firmly packed into tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons (or more more to taste) jalapeno, finely chopped
- salt as needed
- 3 medium firm, ripe Hass avocados approx. 1/2 lb. each
- 3 tablespoons tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro, firmly packed into tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon white onion
- salt to taste
- tortilla chips or fresh corn tortillas
Chile paste: Combine onion, cilantro, jalapeno and salt into the molcajete and grind them together until finely ground and well incorporated together. If you do not have a molcajete a fork and a wide wood bowl will work as well, just mash together.
Halve each avocado by using the knife to work around the pit and then flick out the pit with the tip of the knife. Fold the kitchen towel in half then in half again and put it in the palm of your free hand. Place avocado on towel and score through the avocado with 3 or 4 evenly spaced cuts being careful not to slice through the avocado skin. Turn the avocado and score in the opposite direction, making cubes. Gently scoop cubes out of avocado and into the molcajete or bowl. Repeat this for remaining avocados. Gently toss the cubes in chile paste until evenly coated.
If onion is too harsh for you, try scallions.
Omit salt and use baked chips to make this even healthier.
Please, rate this recipe...
Leave a comment
Super Bowl Guacamole Recipe
Search Recipes By Ingredients
Things You Need To Make Guacamole
Last Guacamole Recipes
- Simple And Quick Guacamole Recipe With Pictures
- Grilled Guacamole Recipe
- What Is Molcajete? – Guacamole Tips
- Using A Blender? – Guacamole Tips
- Qdoba Mexican Grill Guacamole Dip
- Rosa Mexicano Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Salsa For A Spicy Kick
- How To Make Guacamole
- Guacamole Recipe with Cilantro
- Jamie Oliver Guacamole Recipe
- The Best Homemade Guacamole Recipe
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe
- How To Choose Avocados For Guacamole?
- Avocado guacamole recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Sour Cream
- Authentic Mexican Guacamole Recipe
- The Absolute Best Guacamole Recipe In The World
- Guacamole Dip Recipe
- El Torito Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Mayonnaise
- Vegan Guacamole Recipe
- Traditional or Classic Guacamole Recipe
- Dos Caminos Guacamole Recipe
- Simple And Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Green Pea Guacamole Recipe
- Delicious Low Calorie and Low Fat Mango Guacamole Recipe
- Chips and Guacamole Recipe
- Spicy Guacamole Recipe
- Blue Cheese Guacamole Recipe
- Spanish-style Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe with Cream Cheese
- Guacamole Dip With Cumin
- Delicious Garlic Guacamole Recipe
- Quick Guacamole Recipe
- Chunky Guacamole Recipe
- What Is Guacamole?
- The Origin Of The Word Guacamole