Fresh vegan guacamole is extremely easy to prepare. It is popular wherever avocados are grown. Avocados have been cultivated in Mexico and Central America for centuries; the word avocado comes from the ancient Aztec word “ahuacatl.” While guacamole dip is available at most markets, the ease of preparation makes it a shame to not enjoy homemade vegan guacamole. Avocados are usually available year round, but are most abundant in the spring when they are in season in California. Guacamole itself if actually already a vegan food as it does not contain any animal products. So you could use most of the recipes on this website as a vegan guacamole recipes, only a few include things like cheese or mayo. But since you are here :) this is a special one just for you.
Vegan Guacamole Ingredients
- TWO cloves of fresh garlic, diced
- ONE QUARTER of a small red onion, chopped
- ONE medium sized tomato, diced (Roma tomatoes work nicely because they have a lot of flesh compared to pulp and seeds.)
- ONE HALF of one jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ONE EIGHTH of a teaspoon of salt
- Juice from ONE HALF of one lime
- TWO ripe avocados
Dice and chop the garlic, onion, tomato and pepper first and set them aside. The avocado will oxidize and turn brown upon exposure to air and so should be processed last.
Next, squeeze the juice from one half of a lime and set the juice aside.
The most important ingredient of the recipe is the avocado. It should be soft, but not squishy. Tree-ripened fruits are best, but difficult to find unless you live near an orchard. Avocados are usually picked and shipped to non-local markets while the fruit is still hard and unripe. They ripen quickly if stored in a paper bag. Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, around the large seed; they should be quite easy to cut. The inside of the avocado should be a creamy yellowish green. After cutting, scoop out the round seed with a spoon and scoop the avocado out of the leathery skin.
The avocados should be soft enough to mash with a fork. Pour the lime juice over them and mash them up. The lime juice will prevent the avocado from oxidizing and turning a brownish color and will also add a bright flavor. Don’t be afraid to leave small chunks of fruit intact – this will just add texture to the dip. Once the guacamole is mashed, add in the other ingredients to your taste.
Extra Tips For This Vegan Guacamole Recipe
Vegetarian recipes and vegan guacamole recipes in particular are all about your own tastes. These quantities are simply starting points. You won’t know what to increase or decrease until you’ve made your first batch and taste-tested it. You could also use a less colorful yellow onion instead of a red one, or might want to use milder poblano pepper instead of jalapeno, or leave the seeds in to get more heat. There are any number of adjustments to try. Guacamole is meant to be easy, fast, and delicious!
Please, rate this recipe...
Leave a comment
Super Bowl Guacamole Recipe
Search Recipes By Ingredients
Things You Need To Make Guacamole
Last Guacamole Recipes
- Simple And Quick Guacamole Recipe With Pictures
- Grilled Guacamole Recipe
- What Is Molcajete? – Guacamole Tips
- Using A Blender? – Guacamole Tips
- Qdoba Mexican Grill Guacamole Dip
- Rosa Mexicano Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Salsa For A Spicy Kick
- How To Make Guacamole
- Guacamole Recipe with Cilantro
- Jamie Oliver Guacamole Recipe
- The Best Homemade Guacamole Recipe
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe
- How To Choose Avocados For Guacamole?
- Avocado guacamole recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Sour Cream
- Authentic Mexican Guacamole Recipe
- The Absolute Best Guacamole Recipe In The World
- Guacamole Dip Recipe
- El Torito Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Mayonnaise
- Vegan Guacamole Recipe
- Traditional or Classic Guacamole Recipe
- Dos Caminos Guacamole Recipe
- Simple And Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Green Pea Guacamole Recipe
- Delicious Low Calorie and Low Fat Mango Guacamole Recipe
- Chips and Guacamole Recipe
- Spicy Guacamole Recipe
- Blue Cheese Guacamole Recipe
- Spanish-style Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe with Cream Cheese
- Guacamole Dip With Cumin
- Delicious Garlic Guacamole Recipe
- Quick Guacamole Recipe
- Chunky Guacamole Recipe
- What Is Guacamole?
- The Origin Of The Word Guacamole