This creamy guacamole dip is special because it is made not only with traditional guacamole ingredients, but also with sour cream, which gives it extra smoothness and an irresistible tang. It’s so good that people will be asking for the secret ingredient! But it’s no secret that homemade guacamole is very easy to make. It requires no cooking, only simple chopping and mixing. It’s usually made in the summer in hot places, such as the Southwest, as it’s a fresh, cool appetizer to serve before a large meal of spicy food, and a great addition to any barbecue. However, this guacamole can be enjoyed anywhere that the ingredients are available. In addition to the ingredients, you will need a cutting board, a sharp knife, a large mixing bowl, and a wooden spoon. A large fork is also useful to have for mashing the avocado.
Guacamole With Sour Cream Ingredients
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tomato
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1. Peel, slice, and mash the avocado in a large mixing bowl. It’s best to first cut the avocado into cubes on a cutting board, then mash the cubes in the bowl with the back of a large fork. Be sure to mash well so all the large chunks are broken up.
2. Dice the garlic clove finely and add it to the mashed avocado.
3. Dice the tomato, remove the seeds, and add it to the bowl.
4. Cut the lime into quarters and squeeze the juice into the guacamole.
5. Add the sour cream and stir thoroughly.
6. Season the guacamole with cayenne pepper and salt to taste, making sure to stir them in completely as well.
7. Serve with tortilla chips and sliced vegetables such as carrots, celery, and cucumber.
Extra Tips For This Guacamole Recipe With Sour Cream
– If you prefer spicier guacamole, double the cayenne pepper.
– For an even more fiery flavor, add 1-3 teaspoons diced jalapeño pepper.
– Fresh cilantro is another great addition to guacamole. Stir in 2-3 teaspoons chopped cilantro, or more to taste.
– For a cooler flavor and thicker texture, chill the guacamole 2-3 hours before serving.
– For extra crunch, add ¼ cup diced red onion.
– Spread guacamole on tortillas before adding beans and salsa for a fresh take on a burrito.
– For a Southwest-inspired hamburger, use creamy guacamole instead of ketchup and mustard.
Please, rate this recipe...
Leave a comment
Super Bowl Guacamole Recipe
Search Recipes By Ingredients
Things You Need To Make Guacamole
Last Guacamole Recipes
- Simple And Quick Guacamole Recipe With Pictures
- Grilled Guacamole Recipe
- What Is Molcajete? – Guacamole Tips
- Using A Blender? – Guacamole Tips
- Qdoba Mexican Grill Guacamole Dip
- Rosa Mexicano Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Salsa For A Spicy Kick
- How To Make Guacamole
- Guacamole Recipe with Cilantro
- Jamie Oliver Guacamole Recipe
- The Best Homemade Guacamole Recipe
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe
- How To Choose Avocados For Guacamole?
- Avocado guacamole recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Sour Cream
- Authentic Mexican Guacamole Recipe
- The Absolute Best Guacamole Recipe In The World
- Guacamole Dip Recipe
- El Torito Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Mayonnaise
- Vegan Guacamole Recipe
- Traditional or Classic Guacamole Recipe
- Dos Caminos Guacamole Recipe
- Simple And Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Green Pea Guacamole Recipe
- Delicious Low Calorie and Low Fat Mango Guacamole Recipe
- Chips and Guacamole Recipe
- Spicy Guacamole Recipe
- Blue Cheese Guacamole Recipe
- Spanish-style Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe with Cream Cheese
- Guacamole Dip With Cumin
- Delicious Garlic Guacamole Recipe
- Quick Guacamole Recipe
- Chunky Guacamole Recipe
- What Is Guacamole?
- The Origin Of The Word Guacamole