It can be difficult to find healthy recipes for party foods. Your average party appetizer is loaded with saturated fat and sodium and is definitely not friendly to anybody on a diet. But the following healthy guacamole recipe serves as a fabulous healthy snack. Fresh, homemade guacamole dip is delicious and very nutritious.Guacamole is a favorite snack for watching football games-especially the Superbowl. But it also makes a great snack for other occasions, such as New Year’s parties, bachelor parties, or even just hanging out with friends. It is surprisingly easy to make guacamole. The ingredient list is short, and the preparation time is even shorter!
Healthy Guacamole Ingredients
3 ripe avocadoes
2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro leaves
1 large tomato
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1 small red onion
1 jalapeno pepper
sea salt to taste
Cut each avocado in half and use a spoon to scoop out all of the avocado flesh. Be sure to remove the pit of the avocado before you begin mashing it. Put the insides of the avocado into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mash the avocado lightly, keeping it slightly chunky. Mashing it too much will destroy the texture, and guacamole is best served when it is full of tasty chunks of avocado.
Cut the tomato in half and remove the seeds and juice. If you want, you can save the tomato juice to use in another recipe (waste not want not!). Then, chop up the rest of the tomato into small chunks and add it to the avocado. Mince two tablespoons of cilantro leaves and add them to the mix as well. Next, mince the small red onion and jalapeno pepper finely. The seeds should be removed from the jalapeno before you add it to the rest of the ingredients. Mix in the jalapeno and red onion.
For a final touch, add a tablespoon of lime juice and a pinch of sea salt. If you prefer, you can use lemon juice, or squeeze the juice from a fresh lemon or lime into the guacamole. Once you’ve added the lime (or lemon) juice and the sea salt, mash the ingredients together one more time. The healthy guacamole is ready to serve!
Extra Tips For This Healthy Guacamole Recipe
This guacamole tastes excellent when used as tortilla dip, but it also can be served with tacos, black beans or even spread over grilled chicken.
There are many possible variations to the recipe. You can replace the red onion with a white onion if you prefer. If you don’t have sea salt, regular table salt will work fine. The jalapeno pepper can be replaced with a Serrano chili. And if you don’t want to mash the ingredients by hand, the blender is an alternative option.
Please, rate this recipe...
Leave a comment
Super Bowl Guacamole Recipe
Search Recipes By Ingredients
Things You Need To Make Guacamole
Last Guacamole Recipes
- Simple And Quick Guacamole Recipe With Pictures
- Grilled Guacamole Recipe
- What Is Molcajete? – Guacamole Tips
- Using A Blender? – Guacamole Tips
- Qdoba Mexican Grill Guacamole Dip
- Rosa Mexicano Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Salsa For A Spicy Kick
- How To Make Guacamole
- Guacamole Recipe with Cilantro
- Jamie Oliver Guacamole Recipe
- The Best Homemade Guacamole Recipe
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe
- How To Choose Avocados For Guacamole?
- Avocado guacamole recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Sour Cream
- Authentic Mexican Guacamole Recipe
- The Absolute Best Guacamole Recipe In The World
- Guacamole Dip Recipe
- El Torito Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe With Mayonnaise
- Vegan Guacamole Recipe
- Traditional or Classic Guacamole Recipe
- Dos Caminos Guacamole Recipe
- Simple And Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Green Pea Guacamole Recipe
- Delicious Low Calorie and Low Fat Mango Guacamole Recipe
- Chips and Guacamole Recipe
- Spicy Guacamole Recipe
- Blue Cheese Guacamole Recipe
- Spanish-style Guacamole Recipe
- Guacamole Recipe with Cream Cheese
- Guacamole Dip With Cumin
- Delicious Garlic Guacamole Recipe
- Quick Guacamole Recipe
- Chunky Guacamole Recipe
- What Is Guacamole?
- The Origin Of The Word Guacamole